11th Grade Summer
- Register and take at least 3SATIIs if you plan on applying to a "Top 20" school or a school out of the state in which you reside.
- Complete your college list with 4-6 schools. Use Naviance to research the test score and GPA requirements of each school. Ensure 2 schools have test score and GPA range that you qualify for.
- Create a chart to track and manage your college applications. Understand the requirements for all the colleges that you are applying to.
- Visit 2 colleges from your list and talk to the admission representatives.
- Use SWAG To College database to contact students at 2 colleges from your list.
- Create a Common Application account as well as a respective account for that state in which you reside. (Texas: Apply Texas)
- Begin your college essay using Apply Texas or Common App prompt. Have your first and second draft ready to be edited.
- Sign up for fastweb.org and begin applying for scholarships.
- Complete a summer opportunity.
- Update your resume with new academic, service, or leadership accomplishments.
- Study for SAT or ACT if you will be taking one again.
- Secure recommendation letters from teachers.
- Encourage parents to plan on filing taxes in January of 12th grade.
- Try to visit a college on your list.
- Check your updated GPA and rank and create a summer plan of how you will improve this the following year.