Here are some tips to ensure that they keep on doing so, that you have managed to make them feel like they are just as important.
1) Call your family and talk to them. A lot. Tell them you’ve missed them and that you’re grateful for their support. It is hard to survive without a support system.
2) Hang out with your friends. Make the most of the time you have together. They made sure you were fine throughout the semester, they are the strangers who turned into family. Make sure they stay family.
3) Appreciate everyone who made it possible for your semester to turn out the way it did. From Teachers, TAs, roommates, librarians. Anyone you can think about who encouraged your ideas and opinions.
4) Re organize in order to prepare for the influx of the next . While enjoying, do not forget about the next semester. Make room in your apartment/ dorm, look at the different buildings on campus you have to go for class, start creating a list of things you think you’ll need to replenish to make the semester go smoother.
5) Learn from the past semesters and try to find different ways in which you can change the way you study, how you approach different professors, participate in different organizations etc.
6) Enjoy the moment. This is the most important thing on the list. No matter how you did the past semester, no matter how hard you think the next semester is going to be, forget about it all and focus on the moment you are currently living.
7) Eat. Do I even have to expand on this?
Most importantly, have fun!! Also, happy holly-daze!
-- Anokhi Kashiparekh